Thursday, February 19, 2009

Planning & Preparing


*What happened to our option at blogspot to choose a font and font size?*


There is a lot going on in our home each day.

For me, it seems home schooling one presses more at times than all four of the other children at once. We are doing lap books and ABeka for now because I was struggling for time to keep up with finding, printing, and scheduling learning materials.

I’m in awe of those of you who manage so much. I am spending time every day on business paperwork and then dragging through tax forms once a month so that takes some thinking and planning time.

We are starting a garden this year and it takes a lot more time in the planning stages than I ever realized! I’m working on an article all about it but we are moving forward a step at a time. I’m trying to set up for harvesting time NOW so we are prepared and don’t allow for waste.

Menu making and cooking from scratch, taking care of personal papers and keeping up with all around homemaking… this can take a lot of time. Smiles.

Today, my husband and I discussed some plans over coffee, I did some quick research online and answered a few emails, took care of a few necessary phone calls, got homeschooling finished, took care of lunch (homemade tortillas --- I am sharing that on http://www.nutmegnotes08.blogspot.com) and hand washed all the dishes. I got some laundry done and dealt with some discipline issues (to put it sweetly;) with our five year old.

It ended with him staying right by my side and being a part of what ever I was doing. This meant drying the dishes and putting them away as I hand washed. I let him put harder to reach things on a dry kitchen towel and I put those up. Next time, I’ll have him do this using his two- step stool from Mamaw’s house.
He also swept the floor and had some nice conversation with me and bolted the second his dad got home. He had been waiting all day for time at the rope swing they made together and they are going to the creek tonight. He couldn’t get his boots on fast enough!

The days on my planners (yes, I use two right now) fill almost every space but it is nice to stay busy. Good for us.

My goal is to keep up with my priorities and build my family and home up. If I am not careful with my time and wise with moments … I could easily be tearing it down. This verse has always spoken to me:

“The wise woman builds her house, but with her own hands the foolish tears hers down.” Proverbs 14:1

No comments: