Friday, May 1, 2009

Housekeeping in Heart and by Hand

"When my anxious thoughts multiply within me,
Thy consolations delight my soul."
Psalm 94:19

I usually don't get over worried or preoccupied over flu scares, peace threats, and/or surivival situations. When they hit the news, I pray and trust God with being the ONE in control.

This latest flu fear crossing all over right now has nudged me off my secure stance a bit. Worldly thoughts came pressing on the doorway of my heart like storms beating the entry of a house.

What if?
My dad taught me long ago to not give in to those two words.

The Lord gave me a renewed peace as I've prayed for people, my family and others and heard the developing news. He is still in control.

Circumstances, situations, and/or rumors of them don't change the fact that our God is over all and everything.

He is our peace.

For me, this makes the whole world look brighter.

Around here, I am following many of the tips I've read taking some of the safety precautions. Beyond that, I don't have to feel panicked because we are in the hands of the Lord.

Steps to "Safer" Housekeeping

* Spray all doorknobs, light switches and knobs and wipe down. I used straight vinegar in a spray bottle with several drops of lavender shaken in. You can use alcohol, peroxide (more below) or a spray of tea tree oil and distilled water.

* Use peroxide on faucets, kitchen and bathroom sinks, counters, worktables, tubs nad toilets.

* Dissolve Borax in clean water and wipe down doorways, appliance handles, wipe down surfaces, and mop the floors.

* Adding tea tree oil, lavender, or eucalyptus oil in my laundry. I add a few to several drops as the machine is filling with water.

I'm sure there is lots more but these are some basics I am doing around here.

Another thing:
I already wash my hands so much I have to keep lotion around and now that I'm doing that even more, I need more. I've started rubbing a small piece of coconut oil on my hands and between my fingers. Instant softness!

Have a great day and coming weekend and I hope you are safe and feeling the peace of the Lord.

No comments: