Saturday, May 9, 2009

Changed Thinking


While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:18

We have a “kind of baby” beagle. She left that pretty puppy stage and hit the barely- make -it –through- without -crying one many dogs put their masters through at certain ages. The previous family needed a new home for her ASAP and what started out as me helping find a home, ended with my home being it.

Bella, named by our teenage daughter, walks early each morning. We are crate training her like we did the other two and she sleeps in her crate like a baby bed.

This morning, I walked her and let my eyes wander over and across my yard. Thoughts turned into silent questions and all lined up for a turn: when will I get the fence we need for our garden plot? How much longer will our worn out little porch hold up? How will we cut the grass with a broken lawn mower? Where will get mulch enough to save the plants I’ve prayed to keep alive through the years?

This thinking walk of mine turned into concerns and collided with worry. By that point, it wasn’t just the yard and I felt fretting coming on strong. I thought of each of our kids (from the youngest to the grown & grandkids) and of the needed house repairs and before I reached the house… my peace was gone. Dangling on a tick covered tree I passed or caught up in some of the briars I almost tripped in was the peace I walked outside with.

A verse I read the same morning came to mind on not looking at the things seen but those not seen.{top of post} Another verse tapped in…

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. Hebrews 11:1

The morning opened to this:

It wasn’t about what I could see or even what I could feel.

It should be about hope and assurance in a GOD proven faithful for our every need.

Philippians 4:19
And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.

How thankful I am for the Word of God! It lifts me out of my worldly defeats and into higher truths.

Just like a mountaintop, You lift me up. . .
Just like a desert stream, You fill my cup . . .

The Only Thing That’s Beautiful To Me: Rush of Fools

No comments: